Use these affirmations and start beating your depression today.
- I am defined by the actions I take in response to depression and not by the depression itself. I am defined by my personality, my actions, and my beliefs. I define myself!
- I am stronger than these feelings of depression. I know that deep within myself, I have the ability to stop these feelings. In fact, I am so in control of my emotions that I can turn a negative into a positive using only the power of my mind.
- I find that thinking factually rather than emotionally is the most effective method of ridding my heart of these feelings of depression. Generally, I can shift my mood from depressed to contentment within just a matter of minutes.
- For example, when I begin to feel lonely, I remind myself that loving people surround me. And, when I feel an overwhelming impending sense of doom, I remind myself that both my loved ones and I are safe. I feel grateful for my blessings and find that this thankful feeling is my best weapon against depression!
- Overall, I am a happy person. I live an exciting lifestyle, surrounded by loving people, and I am a successful professional.
- I understand that every now and then, everyone encounters a small bout of sadness. And generally, the negative emotions are brought about by a sense of insecurity or an underlying worry.
- Today, I overcome my depression by accepting my emotions and then focusing my thoughts on something positive. I am a powerful, independent and stable individual. A small bout of sorrow is simply a small inhibition that I can overcome if I apply myself.
- Is there a specific person, place or thing that serves as a trigger?
- Have I contacted my doctor about treatment?
- Do I express my feelings, or keep them to myself?
No Comments yet!