There’s a time for work, a time for play, and a time for self-contemplation. This is a tremendous gift because we can use our experiences and knowledge to discover a more effective path through life.
We can learn more about ourselves, solve goals and challenges, and become more powerful versions of ourselves. Self-contemplation allows you to review the negative patterns in your life. It will help you to face and overcome your fears or even redefine your life.
Using self-contemplation as a tool in everyday life can begin to break old patterns that may no longer serve us. Here’s how…
Apply the power of self-contemplation to your life with these simple strategies:
1. Make self-contemplation a priority. You’re a busy person. You’re not going to spend time self-contemplating on a regular basis unless you make it a priority. You can learn a lot from each day if you take the time to examine your life on a regular basis. Decide that you’re going to spend some time alone each day to think things over.
2. Pick a time. If you don’t plan self-contemplation into your schedule, it probably won’t happen. You have a specific time for meals, going to bed, or watching TV. Include a specific time for self-contemplation, too.
3. Have a purpose. This isn’t a time to just stare out the window and daydream. This is a time that should be spent with a purpose. Plan how you’re going to use the time before you begin.
4. Examine your day. What happened today? What can you learn from it? What went wrong? What do you need to do to fix it? What went well? How can you make tomorrow better based on what you learned today?
5. Examine your challenges. What are the challenges in your life? What led you to this point? What was the genesis of the challenge? How is this challenge impacting your life?
6. Search for solutions. What are some possible solutions to the challenges in your life? What can you do right now? What can you do in the future to avoid a recurrence?
- Rather than distract yourself from your challenges, seek solutions.
7. Search for answers. Maybe you’re not sure why you’re so insecure in your romantic relationships. Perhaps you have unresolved issues from your childhood. Why do you spend too much money? This can be a great use of your self-contemplation time.
- When you focus your attention on solving that one thing, you’re more likely to find the answer you need.
8. Relax. Take a few minutes and catch your breath. If you have a busy life, it’s important to rest your body and mind each day. A little time alone can be better than any therapist. You do know yourself better than anyone else.
9. Use the time however you like. You might contemplate your childhood, the meaning of life, examine the last year, plan the future, or consider your spirituality. You could consider your mortality or practice your ability to focus. It’s your time to use as you like.
You can’t just go to work, watch TV, spend time with the family, and chase your goals. It’s important to be introspective and thoughtful, too. A regular session of self-contemplation each day will help you become the best version of yourself.
You can live a more successful life and continue to grow each day. Even just 1-10 minutes a day can make a big difference. Contemplate that.